How did I ever get on this topic, Lord? Is it because the new Pampered Chef garlic press arrived today? My favorite garlic press in the whole world! I don’t know. But it did get me thinking about recipes…
Seven Recipes for Failure in Life:
1) Ready, Fire, Aim!
2) Talking before you think.
3) Leaping before you look.
4) Counting unhatched chickens.
5) Grocery shopping when hungry.
6) Putting first things last.
7) Playing with fire.
I’m sure there are many more! These are just the ones that came immediately to mind.
But You always have the last word… don’t You, Lord? At least, if we will let You!
Seven Recipes for Success in Life:
1) “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment.” (Matthew 22:37-38)
2) “Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” (Matthew 6:33)
3) “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight.” (Proverbs 3:5-6)
4) “Be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.” (Ephesians 6:10)
5) “Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.” (Joshua 1:8)
6) “We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.” (2 Corinthians10:4b-5)
7) “Therefore, I urge you… in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God — this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is — His good, pleasing and perfect will.” (Romans 12:1-3)
I know, Lord. I couldn’t possibly include ALL of Your “Recipes for Success” here! But it is clear to me that “cooking up” Your Recipes for Success is sure to produce a FEAST beyond compare! The most nutritious and delicious feast possible! First class all the way!!!
Hmm… My mouth is watering just thinking about it!
Choosing You… !!! 🙂